Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Slow Motion

You know those really cool slow motion shots of car crashes or explosions or CSI-esque science stuff? I live in a constant loop of those images. No, not exact replicas of shots I've seen before. More like, if I see a car almost hit another car, my mind flashes what it would look like if it did.

Example: A two-lane highway. You're in a little 4 door Honda-thing traveling north, and they're in an 18-wheeler traveling south. They get a phone call, look down to screen it, you're looking off to the right and don't see them swerve into your lane. Impact. Metal screeches, his left-front tire crumples the front half of your car. Whiplash. Hands fly to the roof, wrists smack. Airbag to the face. Etc etc.

It's not just car crashes, either. If I have a fleeting thought about a robbery or falling off a stair or something similar, I get the play-by-play in pictures. The glimpses vary in detail but most are pretty intense and I've yet to figure out how to turn it off. It'd probably be a very useful thing if I were in the film industry...but I am not. It's probably a common thing but, then again, it's probably somewhat abnormal.

No comments:

Post a Comment